Tuesday, March 11, 2008

United at Last!






When we arrived home from the airport, I left Kate sleeping in the car while I ran up to see my first daughter.  I could have hugged her for a week!  Drank her in.   She changed so much and seemed so grown up!  She also seemed so big, partly because I had been toting around her new sister for two weeks who was just half her size.  Finally I asked her "Are you ready to meet your sister?"  "Yea!"  I brought her up from the car and we all gathered in our living room.  There are no photos, as my sister in law was taking the video and the rest of us were "in the moment".   Our first daughter was very excited and kept bringing toys to her sister.  She brought over Kates' water bottle and said "I hold it, you drink it, that's the plan."   It was just wonderful, they both sat on my lap and it was just like a dream.  Our family of four that we had imagined since we found out we were pregnant with a girl during our homestudy process for our Kate, in the summer of 2005.  

No comments: